The Marriage License

The pastor cannot officiate at your wedding without a marriage license. Please bring it to the church office or to the rehearsal.

In California, a marriage license may be issued by any County Clerk and is valid in any county of the state. The bride and groom must appear together in the clerk’s office. A marriage license, once secured, is immediately applicable and remains in effect for 90 days.

Following your wedding, the pastor will give you an unofficial certificate, signed by the pastor and witnesses. The official license will be sent by the pastor to the County Clerk from which you first obtained it. For a certified copy of your marriage certificate, you must contact the County Clerk.